Blog has moved, searching new blog...

This blog is now called Butcher, Baker has moved to: thebutcherthebaker.wordpress.com
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!

Butcher, Baker

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthday Surprises

Today I'm not only 1 year closer to 30 but I'm also writing my 200th post. To celebrate my birthday Hubby surprised me, big style, with a beautiful cream KitchenAid mixer and a Global GS-3 cook's knife. I've been hinting for a while that I would love a KitchenAid, but never in my wildest dreams did I think he would buy me one. It does explain why he has been doing a lot of overtime! Note, he did buy the version with the splash guard as I am renowned for the mess I make in the kitchen.



Other pressies include a lovely pestle & mortar, a Hotel Chocolat Goodie Bag, a cheque with the specific instructions "to spend on ingredients for kitchen experiments" and some vouchers so I can pamper myself in a few weeks time.

Now I decide what I'm going to make with it. I'm aiming to use it to make something that I've never been able to make before due to lack of posh mixer. I'll certainly be consulting Nigella's How to be a Domestic Goddess for ideas.

I'm still in shock!

I wrote my 100th post on 1st January 2008 and now I'm on my 200th. Since my last blog birthday some of my favourite posts include:

Homemade Butter











Rolo Cupcakes











Simnel Cupcakes










Cashew Chicken











Cream Tea











Paneer











Gin & Tonic Jelly

Print this post

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day.

    You will have to tell me your hint secrets. Was it the tone in which they are expressed or the number of hints that worked? I need to start practising for christmas ;o)
    I look forward to seeing what treats you make with your lovely new mixer.

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jules! Looking forward to seeing some blender-action :)

    I'm going to leave this page open for Fred to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! What a lovely husband you've got there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday Jules, im very jelous of your cream kitchen aid - Im going to give hints to my hubby - but my bday isn't until Jan!!,theres always christmas I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - you lucky thing!
    Happy birthday to you Jules, hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday :)

    Lovely presents. Hope you have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Lucky girl you to have a thoughtful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your kind wishes. As for getting your other halfs to buy you one...let's just say it's taken me 6.5 years of hinting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, so well I'd better start the hinting right now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! Ooh - I love that mixer. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snap. It is a fabulous present isn't it. I was given one of these for a birthday a while back and still haven't really got over it. I was expecting a food mixer just not a KitchenAid. I think the splashguard is standard. Or maybe my husband also thought I needed one - I do of course but also have never bothered with it. The grating accessory is brilliant, and I know someone who has an ice-cream- making bowl to go with it - now there's a brilliant idea. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated happy birthday - and have to say that I'm consumed with envy at your wonderful gift! I still live in hope... Nice recap of posts too - particularly the G&T jelly...

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved to www.thebutcherthebaker.workpress.com you can leave a comment here (but it may take me a while to reply). Pop over to the new blog, or email me at julesatdit@gmail.com

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.