Blog has moved, searching new blog...

This blog is now called Butcher, Baker has moved to: thebutcherthebaker.wordpress.com
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!

Butcher, Baker

Monday, December 17, 2007

Malteser cake


In continuation of my baking frenzy, yesterday I made Malteser cake to take into work. I also discovered it is impossible to take a good photo of Malteser cake! To make the cake more Christmassy I used a mix of milk chocolate and white chocolate maltesers.

Maltser cake

85g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp cocoa
170g digestives, crushed
140g Maltesers, lightly crushed
30g Maltesers, left whole

1) Gently melt butter and golden syrup in large pan. Stir in cocoa, digestives and crushed maltesers. Allow mix to cool slightly before mixing in whole maltesers.

2) Line a 1lb loaf tin with cling film. Press mixture into tin. Refrigerate until set.

Print this post

7 comments:

  1. Wow - what a brilliant childrens dessert this would make with some malteser ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/gallery.php?rid=236665
    Here is a picture of a similar recipe I have made in the past. I used a shallow square tin. It is a rich and delicious treat which is easy to make. Children love it , that is if there is any left once the adults get at it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoopee Jules a really simple but great looking cake... I know Mr R would absolutely adore this being a Malteser addict lol

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am actually drooling. Wish you would pay a visit to my office and bring this delicious treat!
    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture alone is worth a thousand words. This is a great looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cakes made with malt they are fantasic! Such a treat I bet your malteser cake is soooo good! It looks wonderful I wish I could have a slice it looks so delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved to www.thebutcherthebaker.workpress.com you can leave a comment here (but it may take me a while to reply). Pop over to the new blog, or email me at julesatdit@gmail.com

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.