I have a bit of a raspberry obsession. It is my favourite fruit in the world and when raspberry season comes around I go a bit mad. Well, with the local PYO farm charging just £1 per lb, what do you expect! You've probably noticed how raspberries have crept into most sweet things I've made recently - Summer Pudding and decoration on the Gin & Tonic Jelly. I also have some baking in the oven featuring, you've guessed it, raspberries!
A year ago I saw Nicisme's recipe for Raspberry Truffles and knew I HAD to make them. I never got the chance to make them during the raspberry season last year so as soon as raspberry's were avaliable this year I knew what I needed to make.
I think I may have over heated the chocolate slightly as it begun to go claggy and difficult to work with. Although I thought I had ruined the chocolates, they still turned out delicious and not too ugly looking. The dark bitterness of the chocolate & cocoa is matched perfectly with the sweetness of the Crème de Framboise. A very rich and indulgent chocolate. To add some sparkle to the chocolates I sprinkled some dark pink lustre over them at the end, though you can't really see this in the photo. I would be interested to try the recipe with white chocolate.
As there is a fresh raspberry in the middle and they are so rich you can only eat 1 at a time, I've sent Hubby off to work with some of the chocolate for his workmates. I hope they enjoy them as much as I do!
Raspberry Truffles
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!
Butcher, Baker
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Raspberry Truffles
Labels:
raspberry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please make some for the Summer Proms concert in a couple of weekends time!
ReplyDeleteMike
That is a great photo Jules!
ReplyDeleteWhite chocolate eh? Sounds even better!!!
Mike - I'll see what I can do ;)
ReplyDeleteNic - sorry that my pic looks very like yours. I took pics of the truffles on lots of different surfaces, but this was the only pic I took that worked! All the others were far too dark or out of focus. I want to try the white chocolate version just so I can see how the pink lustre would work with it :D
nom, nom, nom, nom...
ReplyDeleteyet another reason to love the raspberry season!
These look absolutely fantastic! I've never made truffles before, these might be the ones to do...
ReplyDeleteBTW, I've linked your blog on mine, hope you don't mind :)
Those truffles look wonderful. You did very well at the PYO at £1 for a lb of raspberries. I'm sure ours are a lot more expensive than that.
ReplyDeleteOur local PYO is way more expensive!!
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have your inspiration back!!
aforkful - I just wish the raspberry season was longer!
ReplyDeleteLizzie - they are a lot easier to make than they look.
Margaret & Beth - the same farm only charges 75p per lb for strawberries, gooseberries and blackcurrants. Bargain!