I'm not ashamed to admit it, I don't do earl grey, chamomile or any of the fruity tea bags. To me chamomile smells of a rabbit hutch and fruity tea never tastes as good as it smells. I'm more of a PG tips/Tetley type of woman with a splash of milk and no sugar; or if I'm feeling a bit fancy, a cup of refreshing rooibos. Saying that I do have a pack of blooming flower tea waiting to be immersed, but they look so pretty I don't want to use them.
There is something therapeutic about the humble cuppa. A cup of tea can solve a multitude of problems. Last year when floodwaters were lapping at the doors along the row of cottages all of us neighbors still managed to drink tea...made on next door's gas BBQ. We weren't going to let a torrent of murky water stop the important institution that is tea.
I only really started to drink tea since I started work in education. Not only is it a refreshment it's also has a social element. If you drink tea you belong to the hot drinker clique. It also has a role of warming me up. School is cold at the best of time, to put it frank I'm nesh. No matter how busy the day is we will always make time for a cuppa, even if we have to decant it into a spill proof cup to take into class.
I'll be drinking a lot of tea over the next week as I've been offered an interview for the amazing job I applied for a few weeks back. I've got to do a presentation for my chosen lesson subject along with preparing resources so I may go quiet, yet again, for a week. There are some implications if I'm offered the post, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Well, back to the interview prep with a cuppa and Tunnocks caramel log for fuel.
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!
Butcher, Baker
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Time for tea
Labels:
British
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Best of luck with the interview!
ReplyDeleteI love tea. Used to be a coffee drinker until I got a bug two years ago and just couldn't face coffee for months.
Have discovered that tea is comforting and invigorating.
I'm addicted to Twinning’s Assam. But beware, once you have tried this for a few days nothing will replace it. Even when I work in a house that serves regular tea, I have to have my thermos of Assam. It just hits the mark every time.
When I feel unwell there is nothing I love better than a lovely strong cup of tea and a piece of hot buttered toast. Really makes me feel better and picks me up.
ReplyDeleteI love tea in general though especially first thing in the morning!
I do love herbal teas as well though but I have to agree... you can't beat a good strong cup of tea!
Going to stick around and check out more of your blog now :o)
Nothing better than a simple cup of tea
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the interview.
ReplyDeleteA spoonful of honey brings out all the flavour of the fruit tea - and honey's good for you too.
Hi Jules! I just wanted to pop on and say how much I love reading your blog ;-) And today, I was sipping a cup of tea (too Twinings English Breakfast) as I read your latest missive. Ah, you can't beat a cup of good medium strength HOT tea.... Unfortunately, I paired mine with some very sickly Easter choccy today (which is now safely back in the fridge) and I'm feeling a bit blergh now...Happy Easter and good luck for your interview! Fx
ReplyDeleteBeing originally from "across the pond" coffee has always been my drink, but I'm slowly now learning to enjoy tea. Not sure what it is exactly, but I just get this 'feeling' with a cup of tea in my hand.
ReplyDeleteI never knew it but apparently I'm nesh too, lol. Always getting odd looks for having a jacket on and don't ever feel truly warm until it's 17C + out!
Best of luck with your interview!
Cottage Smallholder - I'll have to try Assam.
ReplyDeleteStripy Socks - I love buttered toast and it is such a great partnership with a cuppa.
Gourmet Chick - :)
James - I'll have to try a spoonful of honey to see if it improves the taste.
Ladyfriend - Yep, it certainly has to be hot. No luke warm tea for me!
Kadeeae - I do like coffee, but sometimes only a cuppa will do. There is something v comforting about it.