Ok, I've fallen off my "get healthy for the 3-peak-challenge" diet in quite spectacular style. Up until yesterday I had been quite restrained but seeing a picture of cheesecake brownies on Tastespotting tipped me over the edge. Plus Summer Holiday Boredom is hitting big style and I sometimes I just NEED to bake to kill time. Anything to avoid watching the horrors of Jeremy Kyle & Loose Women.
Given that one of my most requested cakes from co-workers is my Baileys Cheesecake (I have refined my presentation of this dessert since that photo was taken!) I felt obliged to have a go at making Baileys Cheesecake Brownies. Well, I do have a penchant for sneaking in the odd glug or two of Baileys into various baked items. Right up there on the unhealthiness stakes, but goodness do they taste good.
The brownie part isn't exactly what I would call a brownie, but it is still a luscious, moist, rich and dense chocolate cake. The one minor criticism Hubby had to make about these was that I had used Baileys with a hint of coffee rather than plain Baileys as it's all I had in the house. Um...he hates coffee. I'm not complaining though as it means more for me! Saying that he isn't saying no when I offer him one with a cup of tea. Tonight we're having them for pudding with a generous spoonful of Cherry Beer Ice Cream.
Baileys Cheesecake Brownies
Makes 16 small but undeniably rich brownies
Brownie mixture
110 g dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa)
110 g butter
120 g vanilla sugar (or caster sugar)
60 g plain flour
2 eggs
glug of Baileys
Cheesecake mixture
225 g cream cheese
40 g caster sugar
1 egg
another generous glug of Baileys
1) Preheat the oven to 150oc then Line a 23 cm/8 inch square cake tin with baking parchment. Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain marie. Remove from the heat, add the sugar and stir then leave to cool slightly (if you don't do this you may end up with scrambled egg brownies).
2) Beat the eggs one at a time into the brownie mixture, beating until it is glossy. Stir in the Baileys until well combined then gradually fold in the flour then pour into the cake tin .
3) For the cheesecake mixture beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add the egg and mix then stir in the Baileys until all is well combined. Top the levelled brownie mixture with the cheesecake mixture and using a knife, gently swirl it into the chocolate mixture.
4) Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Leave to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!
Butcher, Baker
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Baileys Cheesecake Brownies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think these would happily tip my healthy eating over the edge too! Just the name alone conjours up delicious thoughts!
ReplyDeleteYum! They look fab Jules! I'll just pretend it doesn't have Baileys in for the sake of my tummy, I lost a drinking game in my teens and was forced to drink a pint of it as a forfeit. :(
ReplyDeleteKatie xox
Yum - my Hubby doesn't like Bailey's at all so eating a whole batch would be a solo chore for me. I think I might be up for it ;0)
ReplyDeleteThese look great I have made a similar recipe to this before for cheesecake brownies (minus the Baileys) by Donna Hay - they were great. Love the swirly design as well.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a very good idea! Baileys in cheesecake is something I definitely have to try.
ReplyDeleteI was meant to have stopped baking in order to move house but these are breaking my resolve!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I don't blame you one bit for falling off the wagon for this. These things would be my downfall too! they look SO DECADENT!
ReplyDeleteWhy do I feel like its only a matter of time before Starbucks gets hold of this recipe? hehe
They would make anyone fall off the wagon!!!
ReplyDeleteBaileys? Cheesecake? Brownies? Wow. Now these have to be made.
ReplyDeletemmm delicious. are they calling to you for breakfast?
ReplyDeleteOh my- they look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteOh my, those brownies look delicious! I have totally bookmarked your site to make these on a day when I'm feeling as though I've been eating healthy food for a while (the rationale being that I deserve a treat). Anything that combines brownies, cheesecake and Baileys sounds AWESOME.
ReplyDeleteSo making those this weekend. I also love that your are always adding some sort of alcohol to things. My kinda girl ;)
ReplyDeleteAnne - The name and idea of these brownies haunted me so much I knew I had to make them.
ReplyDeleteKatiecakes - as much as I love Baileys I think having to drink a pint of it would put me off for life, I don't blame you.
Chele - I think it's a common think for men not to like Baileys, I think they think it's too girly for them!
Gourmet Chick - I'll have to look at Donna Hays recipe.
Lisaiscooking - I've found that Baileys works well in lots of desserts especially if it involves dark chocolate. It makes the dessert more grown up.
Jenny - they will travel well to the new house ;) Good luck with the move.
Sweet-tooth - Sorry I'm not really helping your sugar fast am I!
Beth - :D
Rhyleysgranny - they are worth it, trust me!
nipinthbud - They were certainly calling me this morning.
thefastestindian - thank you :)
Lexi - Sounds like you deserve a treat and here you have 3 great things rolled into one.
Eve - hmmm I am getting a bit of a reputation with alcohol and putting it in various foods. With most of the things I make the alcohol is lost during the cooking process and I'm almost using the alcohol as a flavour enhancer. Well that's what I'm telling myself ;)
These look divine - you've got some ace marbling going on there!
ReplyDeleteWow, these look incredible!
ReplyDeleteOoh, these look and sound lovely!
ReplyDeleteWell my DH just looked at those brownies and HE liked them lol! Very yummy, I'm not a fan of Baileys but give me something with Amaretto in it and I'm gone!
ReplyDeleteHabbala & Ginger - thank you :)
ReplyDeleteJanice - I imagine they would work really well with amaretto too.
Oooh Baileys, my favourite! A glug for the cheesecake and a glug for me!
ReplyDeleteHoley moley, these look delicious. Not sure that I'd be able to pull of similar results, but you never know. xx
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness what a delightful decadent treat!! I just happen to have some Baileys in too ;0)
ReplyDeleteOh, please! Don't show it to me! Looks absolutely decadent!! I'm drooling!
ReplyDeleteNic - my type of woman ;)
ReplyDeleteTop Bird - I promise they are easier than they look.
Rosie - You know you want to try them ;)
Talita - I admit they are hard to resist.
jsr solution the software developing company is going to organize an entrance test for free software training. the test is held on 14 November 2009 at quest institute of Chandigarh mohali (landra) . this test is absolutely free. and the students who will pass out this examination will get free software training.after the training our company will also assure to give placement on an nice salery package. for the registrations please visit following link:-
ReplyDeletefree bca training