I took a break from my marathon baking session to make my dinner. I've only had risotto once before and that was in a restaurant so when the local supermarket decided to get with the times and stock risotto rice I decided I would give it a go.
It made a huge portion and I only managed to eat half of it. I enjoyed it to start but was fed up of it by the end. That could be due to me having a low boredom threshold when it comes to food. I prefer to have lost of different flavours on the plate rather than everything mixed together, I'm an odd one me! However saying that the rest will probably be my lunch tomorrow.
Pea & Goat's Cheese Risotto
Serves 1-2
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, sliced
1 clove of garlic, sliced
200g risotto rice
50ml white wine
300ml hot chicken stock
50g frozen peas
50g goat's cheese
1 tbsp mint
2 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tbsp butter
seasoning
1) Gently fry shallots and garlic in the olive oil in a deep saucepan for 3 min. Add rice and stir for a further 2-3 until the rice is translucent.
2) Pour in the wine and turn up the heat until the wine is absorbed. Gradually add stock 1 ladle at a time, each time waiting for the stock to be absorbed before adding more.
3) Mix in peas, mint, half of the cheese, creme fraiche, butter and season. Leave for 2-3 min. Serve then garnish with the remaining cheese.
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!
Butcher, Baker
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Pea & Goat's Cheese Risotto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting. I've never used goat cheese in my risotto. It sounds really tasty though and the peas give the dish some excellent color.
ReplyDeleteErin - the goat's cheese makes it lovely and creamy. Thank you for popping by.
ReplyDeleteI love goat's cheese in almost anything, so your risotto really appeals to me! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteI simply adore goat's cheese and almost any dish that contains it. So from that moment on this risotto is my favourite. And since I adore risotto as well I am simply "forced" to try this recipe asap :-)
ReplyDeleteI love risotto and especially goat's cheese - and on top of that, I think this is something my sister might actually eat! Definitely one to save!
ReplyDeleteI love goats cheese, so this looks like a pretty good risotto to me.
ReplyDeleteKatie b - I'm quite new to goat's cheese, but really love it. I think I'll be eating more of it from now on.
ReplyDeleteJo. - if you do try it, let me know how it goes.
indigo - I hope sister likes it!
sylvie - I'm quite pleased with it as it was my first attempt at risotto.
I made a wild mushroom risotto today, it was great! Goat cheese would have been wonderful in it though.
ReplyDeletethe goat cheese sounds tasty in this, and you can't beat risotto and peas with a stick. i sense a goat cheese and early asparagus risotto in my very near future.
ReplyDeletei just made a seafood risotto last week that was super-tasty, with saffron, fresh herbs, scallions and scotch bonnets. yum!
Looks good! I really like the thought of using goat cheese in a risotto.
ReplyDeleteBrilynn - wild mushroom risotto sounds gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMichelle - this is my first risotto and I look forward to experimenting with other seasonal veg in risottos.
Kevin - thank you for your kind comment.
Good golly the risotto looks so divine. Must be my fav comfort food.
ReplyDeleteHi Jules
ReplyDeleteLooks utterly yummy, I will be trying this in the very near future, I have never cooked risotto before so should be interesting. I never know which goats cheese to get though. When I go to restrants and have a gats cheese starter it is normally round slices with like an almost skin round the edges, when I try to buy it its never the same. Any ideas?Thanks
Helen
Nina - it is becoming a favoutie comfort food of mine.
ReplyDeleteAnon - you can buy rindless goat's cheese and this is the type I used in the recipe. I'm sure you could use the rind version and cut the rind off. Hope this helps :)
Looks delicious. Off to buy some goat's cheese right now! Thanks
ReplyDeleteEmily - glad you like it :)
ReplyDelete