Blog has moved, searching new blog...

This blog is now called Butcher, Baker has moved to: thebutcherthebaker.wordpress.com
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!

Butcher, Baker

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Bonfire Night



We're back from our Bonfire party weekend in Warwickshire, that involved copious amounts of mulled wine and fireworks. In the UK 5th November is Guy Fawkes Night (also known as Bonfire Night) where we celebrate the fact that Guy Fawkes failed to blow up the House of Parliament. We didn't have the traditional bonfire, but did set alight a "Guy". Traditionally there is many foods surrounding Guy Fawkes Night including toffee apples, cinder toffee, bonfire toffee, jacket spuds, soup and mulled wine. The apples and cheesecake we made went down very well.

In the West Midlands it is traditional to have Faggots with mushy peas on Bonfire Night. I have to admit I've always been a bit nervous about trying faggots due to the cuts of meat they contain (pork - offal, heart, liver) but it didn't taste like I was expecting. To me they tasted of strong sausagemeat, not sure I would eat them again though!

Print this post

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jules,

    Happy Bonfire Night :) Great to hear your news and sounds like you had a good time over the weekend. Gosh IKWYM about faggots, I feel the same too lol.

    BTW I have tagged you on my Blog :)

    http://rosiebakesapeaceofcake.blogspot.com

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great firework photo!
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved to www.thebutcherthebaker.workpress.com you can leave a comment here (but it may take me a while to reply). Pop over to the new blog, or email me at julesatdit@gmail.com

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.