In this months Delicious Magazine there is a yummy recipe for braised lamb shank with a lemon, garlic and parsley gremolata. When I noticed the butcher has lamb shanks I knew we had to have it for sunday dinner. The gremolata complemented the lamb perfectly and the lamb literally fell off the bone. Next time I may try swapping the parsley with mint in the gremolata as I love mint with lamb.
I won't talk about the awful jam sponge pudding I made for pud. It was a bit of an experiment that didn't work. We ended up scraping the jam off and just eating that with the custard...which is a very underrated combination...
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!
Butcher, Baker
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Braised Lamb Shank
Labels:
lamb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A real winter warmer! Yum. As for the jam and custard, I'm not knocking it...
ReplyDeleteOooo this recipe looks delish. I love lamb shanks and your pic is making me hungy ;o)
ReplyDeleteMaria
x
aforkfulofspaghetti - some times the most simple things in life are the most delicious!
ReplyDeletemaria - Thank you :)
Great looking take on lamb shanks - how delicious. I just ove the way the meat fals of the bone when lamb shanks are just right. Divine!
ReplyDeleteantonia - lamb is such a wonderful meat.
ReplyDelete