Apologies for the lack of updates. What with going back to work after the Easter Holiday I lost my cooking mojo. I cooked a dire cake at the weekend and it knocked my confidence even more...but I'm back!
In this months Delicious magazine there is tonnes of fab sounding recipes...to be honest most of this weeks dinners are based on Delicious recipes. Tonight we tried lamb, pistachio and mint burgers. The only alterations I made was to use couscous instead of bulgur wheat, cook them in the oven and omit the sultanas (don't get me started on fruit in savoury dishes!) The burgers were really, really delicious and we'll be trying them again soon.
Lamb, Pistachio & Mint Burgers
Makes 4 small burgers
30g couscous
300g lamb mince
2 tbsp pistachios, chopped
1 tbsp mint
1 tsp garlic paste
1) Preheat oven to 200oc. Pour boiling water over couscous, until it is just covered, stir. Cover bowl in cling film and leave for 8 min. After 8 min there should be no water left. Fluff couscous up with a fork
2) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl (I find it easier to use my hands to make sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined). Shape into 4 burgers. Cook on a lightly oiled baking tray for 25-30 min.
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!
Butcher, Baker
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Lamb, Pistachio & Mint Burgers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jules I was wondering where you'd been, nice to see your cooking mojo is back!
ReplyDeleteThese burgers look great.
Maria
x
Lamb and Mint is always good and I'm sure the pistachios add a great crunch to the texture of the burger. I'll have to give these a go, can't wait to get the BBQ back out of hibernation. I might try them like you in the oven though as I'm not sure I can wait until the weather finally decides to recognise that it's spring.
ReplyDeleteMaria - I'm glad my cooking mojo is back!
ReplyDeleteSylvie - The original recipe cooks them in a frypan, but I prefer to do them in the oven as it is healthier and they are less likely to fall apart.
They certainly sound good!
ReplyDeleteI love lamb and mint burgers and adding pistachios is a great idea, they look delicious.
ReplyDeleteJules - I have missed you :o) Glad to see that you have your cooking mojo back!!! The burgers look gorgeous! xx
ReplyDeleteCame across your blog from Dinner Diary. These look really tasty - I find that lamb and pistachio have a great affinity. Will definitely give these a go!
ReplyDeleteNice to see you back Jules, and with another great recipe!
ReplyDeleteI've missed you too :p
ReplyDeleteThis is a must try!
Mike x
Hi Jules
ReplyDeleteYum, those look lovely. I must have missed them in this months edition.
I like the sound of these Jules and the oven-baking sounds like I might be able to incorporate them into my healthy eating plan too!
ReplyDeleteGlad your'e back :)
G
ooh! looks great. lamb and mint - classic combo. the couscous and pistachios are a nice touch! bet it tasted very very good.
ReplyDeleteAforkful - they certainly were!
ReplyDeleteHelen - I've never put pistachios in burgers before, but would definately do it again.
Fairy Cakes, Nic, - Thank you :)
Lizzie - I'm a big fan of Dinner Diary.
Mike - no reason to be sarcastic little bro. ;)
Claire - the recipe is hidden on the last page of this months Delicious. The article is called Loose Ends.
Ginger - In my head I like to think they are healthier, plus frying scares me!
Diva - Although you coldn't really taste the cous cous, it gave the burgers a good texture.
this sounds fantastic. i think i would go with the bulgar, but i'm with you on losing the sultanas!
ReplyDeletegrilling season is upon us. my grill wants me to make these burgers.
I love Delicious Magazine recipes. If that's hidden couscous then I shouldn't have a problem making this one. Unfortunately the OH won't eat couscous.
ReplyDeleteYour photograph reminds me of the summer.......
Now this is what I want for dinner!
ReplyDeleteI've missed you Jules and glad to hear you've got your cooking mojo back!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis sounds & looks fantastic also great to view a recipe cooked from Delicious Magazine :)
Rosie x
michelle - Glad I'm not the only one against fruit in burgers!
ReplyDeleteMargaret - you honestly can't taste the couscous, it just helps bulk out the burgers.
Jerry - :)
Rosie - I have to say I'm impressed with most of the recipes I've tried from Delicious. Better than Good Food.
Those look so scrummy. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete