Blog has moved, searching new blog...

This blog is now called Butcher, Baker has moved to: thebutcherthebaker.wordpress.com
Find all of these posts and much more over there.
Scroll down to see the post you're expecting!

Butcher, Baker

Saturday, April 05, 2008

One Perfect Ingredient


I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of Marcus Wareing's new cookbook One Perfect Ingredient - three ways to cook it, a follow on from his successful How To Cook The Perfect which was released in 2007. The cookbook is all about taking one simple everyday ingredient, using a simple recipe and ending up with great home cooking. My kind of cookery!

To say the cookbook was inspiring is an understatement. Within 30 min of me receiving the book I was in the kitchen whipping up the gingerbread on p188. As you can see from the photo below, it was delicious and perfect with a cuppa.

I love the way the book is split up into sections with my personal favourite being "store cupboard". There is great recipes throughout the book using everyday ingredients in a different way. For example with the humble carrot he makes makes Carrot & Coriander Galette, Three-Carrot Salad with Feta and a Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting; all of which sound delicious. The photos accompanying the recipes are mouthwatering.

To have a chance of winning a copy of One Perfect Ingredient pop along to Maninas: Food Matters. Be quick the competition closes on the 7th April.

Print this post

6 comments:

  1. I flicked through the book at Borders the other day and very much liked what I saw. I've already entered the competition, so fingers crossed. The gingerbread looks yummy, dense but moist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another book to add to my wishlist! I'm going to check this out next time I'm in town at Waterstones. It looks like a book my collection needs! ;o) The gingerbread looks delish.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh a new book Jules, I must also add this to my wish list!

    Your gingerbread looks lovely - I could just eat a slice with a lovely cup of tea :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for me as well- hope to get my hands on that book so I can get my hands on that gingerbread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks as though this book is going to be a bookshelf must have.
    The cake looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm... Will have to borrow that from you sometime! x

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved to www.thebutcherthebaker.workpress.com you can leave a comment here (but it may take me a while to reply). Pop over to the new blog, or email me at julesatdit@gmail.com

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.